Recent

Alfonsina Storni, icon of Argentine postmodernism. 3 poems - Love Quotes Blog


Alfonsina Storni, icon of Argentine postmodernism. 3 poems


Alfonsina Storni was an Argentine poet born in Switzerland who died tragically on a day like today in 1938. She is considered one of the icons of postmodernist literature in her country. His work contains struggle, courage, love and vindication of women. These are 3 of his poems that I choose to remember or present to those who did not know her.

Alfonsina Storni
Born in Switzerland, she moved very soon with her family to Argentina. His childhood was marked by economic hardship and as soon as he could he went to work as a waitress, seamstress and worker. She was also a rural teacher and drama teacher and collaborated with several youth theater groups.



In 1911 he moved to Buenos Aires and the following year he had a son, Alejandro, of an unknown father. Her literary career began in 1916 with The restlessness of the rose bush, and she continued with The Sweet Damage, Irremediably and Languidez, which led her to win the First Municipal Poetry Prize and the Second National Literature Prize.

Later his ocher work moved her away from Modernism because of its more realistic content. He later published Poems of love, a couple of plays such as Love of the World and Two Pyrotechnic Farms. And he continued with poetry in Seven Wells World or Poetic Anthology.

Suffering from cancer and affected by a deep loneliness, she committed suicide in Mar del Plata in 1938.

3 poems
Goodbye
The things that die never rise again,
The things that die never come back.
The glasses and the remaining glass are broken
It's dust forever and forever will be!



When the buds fall from the branch
Twice in a row they won't bloom ...
The flowers cut by the wicked wind
They run out forever, forever and ever!

The days that were, the days lost,
the inert days will not return!
How sad the hours that shed
under the flutter of loneliness!

How sad the shadows, the dire shadows,
the shadows created by our evil!
Oh, the things gone, the withered things,
the celestial things that are leaving us that way!

Heart ... silence! ... Cover yourself with sores! ...
-from infected sores- cover yourself with evil!
Let everyone who arrives die by touching you,
damn heart you restless my eagerness!

Goodbye my sweeties forever!
Farewell my joy full of goodness!
Oh, dead things, withered things,
Celestial things that never come back! ...

***

Your sweetness
I walk slowly down the path of acacias,
my snow petals perfume my hands,
my hair gets restless under mild zephyr
and the soul is like foam of the aristocracies.

Good genius: this day with me you are thankful,
just a sigh makes me eternal and brief ...
Am I going to fly since the soul moves?
On my feet they take wings and dance the three Graces.

Is that last night your hands, in my hands of fire,
they gave so much sweetness to my blood, that later,
Fill my mouth with scented honey.

So fresh that in the clean early morning of Estío
I'm very afraid to run back to the hamlet
golden butterflies lit on my lips.

***

Pain
I would like this divine October afternoon
stroll along the far shore of the sea;
that the golden sand, and the green waters,
And the pure skies will see me pass.

To be tall, superb, perfect, I would like to,
Like a Roman, to agree
With the big waves, and the dead rocks
and the wide beaches that surround the sea.

With the slow step, and the cold eyes
and mute mouth, let me go;
see how blue waves break
against the granites and not blink;
see how raptors eat
small fish and not wake up;
think the fragile boats could
sink into the waters and not sigh;
see that comes forward, throat to air,
the most beautiful man, not wanting to love ...

Losing the look, distractedly,
lose it and never find it again:
and, standing figure, between sky and beach,
Feel the perennial oblivion of the sea.

No comments