Recent

Edgar Allan Poet. 170th Anniversary of his Death. My 3 Chosen Poems - Love Quotes Blog


Edgar Allan Poet. 170th anniversary of his death. My 3 chosen poems


October 7, 1849. Baltimore. There he left life 170 years ago one of the greatest writers of universal literature. It doesn't matter how many times you can talk about Edgar Allan Poe, the thousands of articles, books and studies about his figure that are published. It doesn't matter how many times yours read, their stories, stories, stories and poems. It doesn't matter if you continue to speculate about your destiny, your inspiration or your life, already told to infinity.

Edgar Allan Poe continues and will continue to fascinate any reader in the world who has taken even a single glance at his work. And more if you are passionate about the most absolute mystery, terror or darkness. Also of love beyond death or infinity. The legacy of his name will also be eternal. These are my 3 favorite poems that I share in your memory today: Annabel Lee, do you want to be loved? and a dream.



Surely we have all read them, especially the most famous: Annabel Lee. Or who has not heard the version made by Radio Futura?

Do you want to be loved?
Do you want to be loved? Don't lose, then,
The direction of your heart.
Only what you are must be
and what you are not, no.
So, in the world, your subtle way,
your grace, your beautiful being,
will be the subject of endless praise
and love ... a simple duty.

Annabel Lee
It was many, many years ago,
in a kingdom by the sea,
inhabited a maiden whom you may know
by the name of Annabel Lee;
and this lady lived without another desire
than to love me, and to be loved by me.

I was a boy, and she was a girl
in that kingdom by the sea;
We love each other with a passion greater than love,
Me and my Annabel Lee;
with such tenderness, that the winged seraphim
they cried grudges from above.



And for this reason, a long, long time ago,
in that kingdom by the sea,
a wind blew from a cloud,
freezing my beautiful Annabel Lee;
gloomy ancestors suddenly arrived,
and dragged her far away from me,
until locked in a dark grave,
In that kingdom by the sea.

The angels, half happy in Heaven,
they envied us, Ella to me.
Yes, that was the reason (as men know,
in that kingdom by the sea),
Of the wind blowing from the night clouds,
freezing and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love was stronger, more intense
that of all our ancestors,
greater than that of all the wise.
And no angel in his celestial vault,
no demon under the ocean,
can ever separate my soul
of my beautiful Annabel Lee.

Well the moon never shines without bringing me the dream
of my beautiful companion.
And the stars never rise without evoking
His radiant eyes.
Even today, when the tide dances at night,
I lie with my darling, my beloved;
to my life and my darling,
in his grave next to the waves,
in his grave by the roaring sea.

A dream
Get this kiss on the forehead!
And, for getting rid of a weight
before leaving, I confess
what did you guess if you believed
that my days have been a dream;
But is it less serious
hope is over
at night or in full sun,
with or without a vision?
Until our last effort
It is only a dream within a dream.

Facing the roaring sea
that punishes this breaker
I have a tight palm
golden sand grains
They are few! And in a moment
they slip out and I feel
this regret arise in me:
Oh God! Because I can not
hold them on my fingers?
Oh God! If I could
save one from the tide!
Until our last effort
Is it just a dream inside a dream?

No comments