Recent

San Francisco and 4 Other Writers Called the Same. Fragments of Works - Love Quotes Blog


San Francisco and 4 Other Writers Called the Same. Fragments of Works - Love Quotes Blog


Today is October 4, the feast of St. Francis of Assisi, the Italian saint also patron of animals. So I remember it with a fragment of his most famous work, Canticle of creatures. And I also remember those of 4 other writers called the same: Francisco Umbral, Francisca Aguirre, Francesco Petrarca and Francis Scott Fiztgerald.

Song of the creatures - Francisco de Asís
Most high and omnipotent good Lord,
yours are praises, glory and honor and all blessings.



Only you, Most High, they suit you
And no man is worthy of naming you.

Praise you, my Lord, in all your creatures,
especially in the sun brother,
for whom you give us the day and enlighten us.

And it is beautiful and radiant with great splendor,
of you, Most High, carries significance.

Praise you, my Lord, for the sister moon and the stars,
in heaven you formed them clear and beautiful and beautiful.



Praise you, my Lord, for the windy brother
and by the air and the cloud and the serene sky and all time,
for all of them you support your creatures.

Praise you, my Lord for Sister Water,
which is very humble, beautiful and chaste.

Praise you, my Lord, for the brother fire,
by which you illuminate the night,
and is beautiful and cheerful and vigorous and strong.

Mortal and rose - Francisco Umbral
I only found one truth in life, son, and it was you. I only found one truth in life and I lost it. I live from crying at night with tears that burn the darkness. Little blond soldier who ruled the world, I lost you forever. Your eyes curdled the blue of the sky. Your hair browned the quality of the day. What remains after you, son, is a fluctuating universe, without consistency, as they say it is Jupiter, a foul vagueness of summers and winters, a promiscuity of sun and sex, of time and death, through all of which I vague just because I don't know what to do to die. If not, I would make that gesture and nothing else.
How stupid the fullness of the day. Who fools this blue sky, this noon with laughter?

Exception witness - Francisca Aguirre
A sea, a sea is what I need.
A sea and nothing else, nothing else.
The rest is small, insufficient, poor.
A sea, a sea is what I need.
Not a mountain, a river, a sky.
No, nothing nothing,
Only a sea.
I also don't want flowers, hands,
Not a heart that comforts me.
I don't want a heart
in exchange for another heart.
I don't want to be talked about love
In exchange for love.

Sonnet to Laura - Francesco Petrarca
Peace I can't find and can't make war,
and I burn and I am ice; and I fear and all postponement;
and I fly over the sky and lie on the ground;
and nothing squeeze and everyone hug.

Who has me in prison, neither opens nor closes,
neither does it hold me back or release my tie;
and love doesn't kill me nor does it undone me,
He neither loves me nor takes away my pregnancy.

I see without eyes and without screaming tongue;
and I ask for help and seem longing;
I love others and for myself I feel hated.

Crying scream and pain transit;
death and life give me equal attention;
for you I am, Madam, in this state.

The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
When I was younger and more vulnerable, my father gave me advice that I have not stopped thinking about since.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing someone," he said, "remember that not everyone has been given as many facilities as you."

That was the only thing he said, but as we have always told ourselves everything without giving up discretion, I understood that his phrase contained a much broader meaning. The result is that I tend not to judge anyone, a custom that has made me interact with many interesting people and has also made me a victim of many inveterate blows.

No comments